Buy the best Sit Up Bench today! Compare our sit-up benches listed for sale on Amazon, each of which equipment allows you to workout your abs and obliques. They are compact and use your body weight to provide the needed resistance. Depending on its design, you may be able to do certain other exercises including some that use dumbbell weights. This versatile piece of exercise equipment allows you to amalgamate a variety of exercises and get the most out of them.
Get information about our Top 5 recommended Sit Up Benches and buy one today!
- What is a sit-up bench and why is it useful?
- How To Properly Use A Sit Up Bench?
- Sit Up Bench Comparison Table
- Sit Up Bench Reviews
- 1- Stamina Pro Ab/Hyper Bench [Extended hand grips, Thick padding]
- 2- XMark Fitness Adjustable Ab Bench Slant Bench XM-4360 [Venial Coated Ankle and Knee Pads]
- 3- Body-Solid Pro-Style Commercial AB Board [Not Ideal for Taller People]
- 4- PowerLine PAB139X Ab Board [vinyl cushion]
- 5- XMark 12 Position Ergonomic Adjustable Decline Ab Bench XM-4416.1 [Best Bang for the Buck]
- How to Buy The Best Sit Up Machine or Ab Bench
- Things to consider before buying a sit up bench
- Is the bench stable?
What is a sit-up bench and why is it useful?
Sit up bench is a very versatile piece of exercise equipment. It is widely used to train and strengthen the abdominals.
Sit up benches are precisely designed to train the abdominals, and working out on this equipment along with having a healthy diet will definitely tone and strengthen your abs.
There are a variety of exercises that can be performed using sit-up benches. Including hip, raises (with or without leg lifts), crunches, leg raises and chest presses.
These exercises are aimed at strengthening your core and are bound to tone and flatten your abdominal if performed correctly.
How To Properly Use A Sit Up Bench?
You might want to read reviews on:
Sit Up Bench Comparison Table
Sit Up Bench Reviews
1- Stamina Pro Ab/Hyper Bench [Extended hand grips, Thick padding]
This is the best sit-up bench on our list. This is a multipurpose bench that lets you perform abdominal as well as hyperextension exercises. You can get this bench from Amazon at an affordable price.
- Durability & Ease of Use: this sit-up bench is a bit tricky to assemble but well worth the effort. Once up and running, it is very easy to use. With a 5-year frame warranty and 90-day parts warranty, long-term durability is a consideration.
- Versatility: of all the sit up benches we reviewed, this one was by far the most versatile. It doubles as a roman chair and decline bench, so you can work abs, back, and using dumbbells, you can cover chest and arms. It’s a 3-in-1 for the price of one!
- Affordability: the price for this set-up is somewhat high, but it is a function of the construction and versatility. Given the versatility, this is an overall good value.
- Thick padding is installed all over the machine
- Thigh support is adjustable and padded with durable vinyl
- Heavy-duty steel used for construction of the frame
- Pivoting foam rollers available
- Non-slip rubber frame caps installed, to protect the floor.
- Bench angle adjustable up to 4 levels
- Extended hand grips are provided, making it easier to reach.
- This equipment is foldable
- It comes with non-slip footrests.
- Solid construction and durable material used throughout the machine.
- Ergonomic design along with durable stitched vinyl padding ensures comfort while working out.
- Adjustable thigh support, backrest, footrest and pivoting foam rollers enable you to alter the intensity of your workout.
- Provides workout options in four decline positions ranging from 0 to 30 degrees.
- It is quite portable and ideal for small spaces as it is foldable.
- The rods and pins holding the frame aren’t locked by nuts/bolts hence, may loosen up while working out.
- Some people may find the footrests short.
- The cushioned back support is not quite useful for taller-than-average people.
- Not ideal for individuals taller than 6-feet.
- It has a weight limit of 250 lbs.
- The warranty offered on frame is limited to 5 years
- The warranty offered on parts in limited to 90 days
Because of its versatility and value, we rank the Stamina Pro Ab/Hyper Bench our #1 pick.
2- XMark Fitness Adjustable Ab Bench Slant Bench XM-4360 [Venial Coated Ankle and Knee Pads]
This one is a cheap and yet adjustable ab bench for your fitness needs. This ab bench is adjustable up to 10 positions, which is bound to assist you with altering the intensity of your workout. It features steel construction, powder coat finish, and durable vinyl padding.
This one is the second best sit up bench in our list. You can buy Xmark XM-4360 from Amazon.
- Durability & Ease of Use: this sit-up bench is very easy to assemble and to use once you have it assembled. It is adjustable, giving you the ability to vary the level of resistance your body provides. With a lifetime in place, long-term durability is not a concern.
- Versatility: in some cases, a sit up bench is designed more like a decline bench so you can use it for multiple things. This is not the case for this sit up bench; it is meant for abs and abs only. Versatility arises from the ability to vary the setup to change the resistance you feel.
- Affordability: the price for this sit up bench is in the middle of the spectrum. Given the lifetime warranty, this is an overall good value.
- This equipment offers ten decline angles for beginner to advanced level workout.
- 2”x 2” steel has been used for the construction of this product
- The venial coated ankle and knee pads are ergonomically positioned.
- 2” Foam cushion is provided,to enhance comfort while working out.
- It is quick and easy to assemble piece of exercise equipment
- It is quite sturdy and perfectly fine for taller/heavier people
- It offers a weight limit up to 350 lbs.
- Vinyl padding is sweat and tear resistant.
- Knee and ankle roller pads are also covered in durable vinyl, making workout comfortable and convenient.
- The pop pin used for adjustments is lockable and convenient
- The powder coat finish is scratch resistant, adding to its durability
- The frame, mechanical parts, and pads are covered under lifetime warranty
- The material used for the construction of this equipment is average quality.
- Roller pad might obstruct your workout
- Plastic ends caps are not durable enough
- Vinyl and paint are not covered under any warranty.
Because of its durability and value, we rank the XMark Fitness Adjustable Ab Bench our #2 pick.
3- Body-Solid Pro-Style Commercial AB Board [Not Ideal for Taller People]
Body-Solid ab board is one the best ab benches that helps you improve your core stability and tighten up your midsection. Appropriate for both personal and commercial use, this equipment has been designed according to modern standards and offers excellent value for money.
This is the third best sit up bench for sale in our list. You can buy Body-Solid Ab Board from here.
- Durability & Ease of Use: this sit-up bench is very easy to assemble, easy to use and is adjustable. It has a lifetime frame warranty so long-term durability is not a concern, despite the seeming light construction.
- Versatility: because of its very specific use, versatility arises from the ability to vary the setup to change the resistance you feel, a feature that is common to other pieces of dedicated exercise equipment (like the hyperextension bench).
- Affordability: the price for this sit up bench is the highest among our recommendations. The ability to adjust this bench to varying heights is the value from an exercise perspective. Given the structure of the warranty, the price is reasonable, though high.
- Offers 12 levels of adjustments from 0 to 45 degrees
- 40”x12” DuraFrim back pad is provided
- Oversize 8” foam rollers
- Convenient upper back and head support.
- This ab board is adjustable up to 12 positions, enabling you to adjust the intensity of your workout.
- The construction is decent and the equipment is evidently sturdy.
- It is easy to assemble
- The design makes it easier to climb and disembark the machine.
- The frame, pads and mechanical parts are covered under lifetime warranty.
- The mainframe is coated with thick, double-stitched Durafirm padding, minimizing wear and tear.
- The foam rollers ensure comfort and stability
- Nylon wheels make it easy to transport and store.
- The metal end caps are difficult to install and may come off.
- The bench is evidently short and uncomfortable for taller-than-average individuals.
- Even though it is a solid piece of equipment, it may seem that the quality has been compromised upon.
- The dimensions and design of this machine suggest that it isn’t ideal for taller people.
Because of its versatility, construction, and warranty, we rank the Body-Solid GAB60 Adjustable Ab Board our #3 pick.
4- PowerLine PAB139X Ab Board [vinyl cushion]
Powerline ab board promises a sleeker, stronger and better-aligned figure. It mainly targets abdominal and obliqu and lets you perform sit-ups, oblique bends and crunches quite easily and effectively. This ab board is not adjustable but is very comfortable. Buy it now from Amazon.
- Durability & Ease of Use: this sit-up bench is a classic that’s well constructed. It has a 10-year frame warranty and 1-year parts warranty.
- Versatility: this bench is made for situps and not much else.
- Affordability: this sit-up bench is among the priced of our recommendations.
- Comes with oversized 8-inch foam rollers
- 22-inch back pad
- Sweat-resistant vinyl cushion
- Heavy-duty and durable steel frame
- 12 adjustments levels
- Extra head and upper body support
- This equipment is extremely simple to assemble
- The solid built ensures sturdiness and stability, eliminating any chance of wobbling.
- The back pad is lengthy enough to accommodate tall individuals
- The foams cushions are quite supportive and comfortable
- Ensures comfort while working out
- This equipment is quite compact and doesn’t take up much room.
- Some may not find the decline angle enough
- It may over-strain your back, but that’s not much of a concern.
- The plastic caps are cheap and do not fit perfectly.
- The roller isn’t adjustable.
- Warranty offered on frame and parts is limited
Because of its durability and simple use, we rank the PowerLine PAB139X Ab Board our #4 pick.
5- XMark 12 Position Ergonomic Adjustable Decline Ab Bench XM-4416.1 [Best Bang for the Buck]
This versatile piece of equipment is perfect for all types of bodies. It is highly customizable as it offers twelve vertical height adjustments. This ab/sit up bench is designed to target your abdomen, from a variety of angles. It can be used to perform an array of exercises including sit-ups, crunches and oblique twists. If the above-mentioned products were unable to impress you, you must buy this one.
- Durability & Ease of Use: this sit-up bench is very well constructed for durability. It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Versatility: this sit-up bench is not very versatile; if you want to build abs the best way, it will definitely do the job.
- Affordability: this sit-up bench is one of the lowest priced of our recommendations, due in part to differences in the intended usage. The sturdiness of the construction of the bench and the structure of the warranty make it a good value.
- 12 Vertical height adjustment options
- Support handle for easy embark and disembark
- Oversized 4” contoured leg rollers
- Skid resistant rubber feel
- 2.5” Hi-density cushion
- Sweat and tear resistant Duraguard Vinyl padding
- Lock-able pop pin for convenient adjustments
- Heavy Duty 14-guage, 2”x3” steel construction, with scratch resistant powder coating.
- Leg rollers are ergonomically positioned
- This product is extremely comfortable to use due to the thick back pad and ideally positioned foam rollers.
- Dimensions of the mat are quite accommodating towards taller people.
- Incline angle is adjustable to a great extent.
- It is stable and sturdy
- This equipment is ideal for tall or bulky people as it offers a weight limit up to 400 pounds
- The material used for construction is solid and reliable
- The pop pin used for adjustments is locking hence, will prevent injuries.
- The plastic used is cheap and doesn’t fit properly.
- Not as sturdy as similar alternatives
- Slightly complicated to assemble
- Some inconsistency in construction.
Because of its durability, price and dedicated use, we rank the XMark 12 position decline Ab Bench as our #5 pick.
How to Buy The Best Sit Up Machine or Ab Bench
Oh the struggle for lower abs 😅💦 Until I started adding weight to my core training, I wasn’t seeing any results! Add weight, eat right (without losing your damn mind) and watch the abs starting developing 🤗 THE WORKOUT: Weighted Decline Sit-up (use medicine balls, a bar, Dumbbells.. Etc) 4 x 8 Bench V-Up (I use 5lb dumbbell) 4 x 12 Cable Half Bicycle Crunch (strap foot into hand pull on cable machine) 4 x 10 each side Hanging Knee-Up with dumbbell 4 x 12 Tag your gym BFF below 🎉👯
Setting up home gyms is something that’s been trending for quite a time now. Fitness freaks with all their busy work schedules are usually not able to follow a rigorous workout routine; therefore they prefer working out at homes. However, setting a home gym means buying gym equipment and accommodating them in a small space – it’s not easy. With so many machines available in the market, picking up gym equipment that is both functional and cost-effective, requires a lot of efforts, time, and money. But if you follow a buying guide, things can get a little less complicated for you.
Sit up machines are no new addition to the fitness world. Almost everyone has used it. Whether you are a professional athlete or a beginner, sit up benches are a must have for your home gyms. Sit up benches, which are mostly used to shape abs and stomach area, are one of the oldest yet most effective gym equipment in the fitness world. Although, there are many exercises that can be done to work on your abs but using a sit up bench machine makes it more effective.
So, if you are looking for the best sit up bench for sale for your home gym or any other space, there are tons of options available in the market. From the conventional sit-up benches to new and modern ones, you need to consider a lot of factors before actually buying one.
Things to consider before buying a sit up bench
Following this buying guide about sit up benches will help you to get a better idea of your needs and requirement. Thus, you won’t end up buying something that you are never going to use or get tired of. From budgets to models, we have covered everything for you. Simply, follow the buying guide and study the things you need to consider before buying a sit up bench.
Type of the bench
The first and the foremost thing that should be considered before purchasing a sit-up bench is that you know what type of a bench will suit your weight and size. There is a wide range available that includes the simple sit up chair that has little adjustment options or you can buy new models that come with varying complexity levels and adjustment settings. If you have just started working on your abs and have little idea about the exercises, then you can go for the conventional sit up bench. On the other hand, if you have been working out for a decent period now and want to challenge yourself then buying a bench that can be adjusted to different complexity levels, will help you to boost up your workout session.
Board size of the bench
Once you have figured out what type of a sit up bench you want to buy, the next thing to consider is the size of the board. Consider the fact that most sit up benches are designed for average height people, usually 5’5. But if you are taller or smaller than the average height then you should buy a sit up bench that fits your height. For instance, if you are taller, buy a bench which has a longer board. When performing sit-ups being comfortable is very important not only for a better workout session but also for safety purposes.
Cushion of the sit-up bench
The board of the sit-up bench is the essential part of the entire equipment, and there are things that need serious consideration, including the cushion used on the board. Always purchase an ab bench that is made up of a high-quality cushion because when sit ups are performed a lot of pressure is exerted on the cushion, therefore the cushion should be made of a durable and soft material. The thickness of the cushion also matters a lot. If the cushion is very thin and light, you may end up hurting your back. Similarly, it should not be too thick because it would not be very comfortable that way. Fitness experts suggest that the thickness should not be more than 2-3 inch as this thickness helps you get a better posture when working out.
Is the bench stable?
Like any other gym equipment, stability in the sit-up benches is a must. You do not want to tumble down while performing sit-ups. So, make sure that the bench you choose does not wobble. If the bench is not steady, performing any exercise on it can be extremely dangerous as you can get severe back injuries. Also, working on a wobbling surface can be very distracting, and you can lose your concentration while working out.
Always buy a sit up a bench that comes with rubber caps attached to all its feet. It not only keeps the bench steady but also avoids scratches to the floor, which is a common problem with most gym equipment.
Is it adjustable?
This is the question that you should ask yourself before buying a sit up bench. If you are a beginner, you would want something that is easier and affordable. However, most of the fitness experts believe that one should always buy a fitness equipment that is adjustable. The main reason for this is that after a certain period your body gets used to the resistance and gravity, which makes the workout less intense. Hence, you should always buy something that is adjustable so that you can alter it as per your need. Whether you are a beginner or you run Olympic marathons, always buy a sit up bench that will be proven beneficial in the long run, especially if you want to intensify your workout routine. On the contrary, if you are planning some light exercises on the sit-up bench then you should look for more straightforward options to save money.
Material used for the frame of the ab bench
Fitness machines are usually bought for long-term use, and therefore the material used in it plays a very crucial role. With so many options available in the market for sit up benches, you need to make sure that the one you pick is made from the most delicate material.
Most of the sit-up benches are made up of heavy-duty steel, and they have a weight capacity ranging from 250 pounds to 300 pounds, which is ideal for a person with average weight. And to bear this weight, the material should be strong and durable as the bench is going to be used for every time. Buy a bench that is heavy and bulky as it is considered to be a good sign. Do not pick low-quality material to save a few bucks as it would cost much more to buy a new sit-up bench if it breaks!
The price and your budget
Now that you know what to look for in a sit-up bench, it all comes to the price and your budget. When you decide to buy a sit up bench make sure you have a sufficient budget. Although, there are cheap options available in the market. Fitness equipment are a one-time investment, so you should spend your money very wisely.
If you have a decent budget then purchase a sit up bench that is made of high-quality, heavy-duty steel and comes with adjustable settings for different workout levels. But if you have a limited budget then go for simpler but durable options. Try to buy something that fits your budget and works fine too.
Read the reviews
Reading customer reviews can help you to get a much clearer idea of what you are just going to buy. Customers who have used the product can provide a much better description than someone who has just watched an online video. Go through customer reviews very carefully as people who share their true experience can help you to buy something that is the best for you.